Lester B. Funge announced plans in 1904 for the Grande Vaudeville Theatre, an 800-seat playhouse between the Reed Hotel and the St. Paul Lodging House. In 1906, a three-story building with a hall on the top floor occupied the site. On 20 November 1907, the 197-seat New Electric Theatre opened in a remodeled house in the same location. The Electric was the first theater operated by the Alhambra Theatre Company, which would grow to at least eight theaters in three states within seven years.
An older rendering of the theater complex, with the generic name "Cinema" above the entrance. Regal Crossroads 14 & RPX, Taylorsville, Utah
Architect's rendering of the new Regal Crossroads 14 & RPX. Regal Crossroads 14 & RPX, Taylorsville, Utah
A map of the Crossroads of Taylorsville site, with Regal Cinemas in the middle right. The 12-screen Midvalley Cinemas were demolished in 2002 to make way for 24 Hour Fitness, in the top left corner of the development. The 6-screen Showstar Cinemas are shown in gray in the top right. Regal Crossroads 14 & RPX, Taylorsville, Utah