Wayne and Mark Stephens, owners of the North Star Drive-In, opened “The Movie” on 6 February 1970 in the former dining room of the Ben Lomond Motor Hotel. It was the first new theater in downtown Ogden in more than a quarter of a century. The cinema closed after the F. O. Woodbury family donated the troubled Ben Lomond hotel to Weber County. The County Commission later terminated the lease on the theater in exchange for its internal fixtures.
Grand Opening ad for the Hyland Drive-In Theatre, "Salt Lake's newest and finest drive-in theatre. Largest screen in Inter-mountain West." Highland Drive-In Theatre, Salt Lake City, Utah Probably Deseret News, 21 July 1948
Part of an ad for a movie playing at the Hyland Drive-In in 1958. Ticket prices were 90 cents for adults and children under 12 were free. Highland Drive-In Theatre, Salt Lake City, Utah Deseret News, page B1, 30 July 1958
Ad for Dr. Who and the Daleks, Ghidrah, the Three-Headed Monster, Black Sabbath, and Night of the Living Dead at the Highland Drive-In. Highland Drive-In Theatre, Salt Lake City, Utah Salt Lake Tribune, page 6D, 14 February 1969