Joseph Pantone, an early partner in the Colonial Theatre, thought the small cinema had “a bright future because the smaller establishments do not have the heavy overhead of larger picture houses and can share the saving with their patrons.” The Colonial opened on Thanksgiving Day, 29 November 1923. In 1935, it expanded from 389 to 490 seats. The theater closed at the end of May, 1949.
A view of the former lobby with a reflection of the parking lot on the window. Large windows allowed moviegoers to view the projection equipment from the lobby. Sandy Starships, Sandy, Utah Grant Smith, 28 September 2001
The former lobby of the Sandy Starship Theatres, now City Church. Sandy Starships, Sandy, Utah Grant Smith, 31 March 2011
The lobby after CityChurch left the property. Sandy Starships, Sandy, Utah Grant Smith, 21 February 2015