On 29 April 1912, the New Uintah Theatre opened in the former Elk Building, which had been remodeled “along the latest moving picture house lines, with sloping floor, soloists platform, etc.” The ticket office was outside, under a “blaze of rows of electric lights.” Patrons of nearby towns appreciated having hitching posts on the premises. The New Uintah closed sometime prior to 1932. The E. W. Davis furniture store occupied the building before it became a piano store called the Henderson-Barlett Music Company.
The attraction board for the University Mall theaters. Originally the sign was for the twin theater inside the mall, but after that closed it was used for the newer 4-plex behind the mall. University Mall Twin Theatres, Orem, Utah Grant Smith, 21 June 2002