utahtheaters.info
 
  •Home •Theaters •News •Recent  
 
MovieGrille
236 23rd Street
Ogden, Utah
•Main Page •Contact Theater
•News Articles (7)
•Photos
•Sign Guestbook
•Facts & Figures

Orpheus Hall
Vernal, Utah

C. W. Showalter, and Andrew King opened the Orpheus Hall on Thanksgiving Day, 30 November 1911.  The amusement hall had a spring dance floor, but was also used for roller skating, basketball, banquets, and movies.  It was named after the Greek god of Mirth, “a famous musician who is reputed to have had power to entrance men, beasts, and inanimate objects by the music of his lyre.”  At 11:00 PM on New Years Eve, 1928, the hall was renamed Imperial Hall.  In a ceremony on 20 April 1965, Governor Governor Calvin L. Rampton took a sledge hammer and delivered the first blow in the demolition of the hall as part of a community beautification campaign.

 
 
  Home   »  Theaters   »  MovieGrille  »  Photos
   
 

MovieGrille
Photo Sections

The City Square 4 Theater was located in the Ogden City Plaza, just west of the Ogden City Mall.

Exterior Photos

The lobby of the City Square 4 Theater.  The concession stand is on the left.  In the center at the far end is the hall to the theaters.  On the right are rest rooms.

Entrance & Lobby