utahtheaters.info
 
  •Home •Theaters •News •Recent  
 
Associated Theaters

•Gem Theatre

Frontier Theatre
Blanding, Utah

Floyd Nielson and Sons opened the Frontier Theatre on the night of the San Juan High School junior prom in March 1958. A few years after closing in 1974, snow and ice caved in the roof. In 1986, the Blanding City Council considered the “unsightly and unsafe structure” to be “a health hazard, area for public nuisance and deterrent to the City and County beautification.” After catching fire in July 1992, the owners began dismantling the building.

 
 
  Home  »  Articles
   
 

Change in Name Only

Garfield County News, 20 April 1928, Page 1

Otto E. McIff, manager of the picture show, announces a change in the name of his popular theatre. In the future the house will be known as the "Hub." The policy of the house will remain the same. "The Very Best Pictures Obtainable At All Times." Mr. McIff recently returned from Salt Lake City, where he made arrangements for his service for the balance of the spring and summer, and tells us that he has some of the biggest and best pictures coming up, that can be obtained through the service in Salt Lake and California. He has an open order in the exchanges for the very best that can be procured, and he is doing all in his power to serve the people to the very best of his ability. There are some pictures that do not please all, at all times, but he is not to blame for that. There never was a picture made that will please everyone in the house, but to sum up the whole affair, Panguitch gets a better run of pictures than a great many houses in towns a lot larger. Mr. McIff is also very careful in selecting pictures of an uplifting nature, as much as possible, and we notice he keeps away from the slum class, and tries his best to get those of a better class. His house is always clean and sanitary and he keeps it comfortable, which speaks very highly for him and his assistants.