The Hotel Utah opened in 1911.
The last major addition was completed in 1973, when the east and west wings were extended north and the grand ballroom was added.
Renovation was scheduled to be completed by mid-December 1992, but a three-month extension has been allowed for extra, unanticipated work. After the contractor completes its work, the church will have several months to get the building ready for occupancy.
The east outside wall used to be just plain painted bricks and windows. Terracotta-type detail work on the other three sides of the building have been extended to the east side.
A Family History center on the main floor will have 130 computer stations.
|Legacy Theatre||Salt Lake City|