An aerial photo of the Hyland Drive-In in 1993.
23 June 1993
Courtesy of the U.S. Geological Survey

Hyland Drive-In

1106 North Knoll Street
Cedar City, Utah
(1955 - 1983)
Demolished
The Highland Drive-In was open from about 1955<1> to 1983<2> and was owned by Jack Sawyer.  The theater was demolished sometime after July 2003.2


1. "Rural 2", movie-theatre.org, listing as its sources the Film Weekly Film Journal yearbooks 1920, 1925, 1930, 1935, 1940, 1945, 1950, 1955 and International motion picture almanacs 1961, 1964, 1969, 1975, 1980, 1985, 1990, 1995, 1998, 2000
2. Southern Utah Telephone Directory, September 1972 through October 1983
3. "Hyland Drive-In", drive-ins.com