The Colonial Theatre was built by the Auerbach brothers in 1908 at a cost of $150,000 to show plays by traveling companies with the Northwestern Theatrical Association. The interior was decorated with ivory and gold, with green sidewalls, carpets and draperies. It had a seating capacity of 1936, with box seats and two balconies. It showed movies as the Victory Theatre. About 1942 it was destroyed by fire.