Bon Ton Theatre

Ogden, Utah
Unknown

A shorted electrical wire started a fire in the moving picture machine gallery of the Bon Ton Theatre on 12 October 1904.  When the audience began a confused exit, Stage Manager J. Yost averted a panic yelling, “For God's sake keep cool.  There is no danger.  Turn around and see what a little fire it is.”  The audience watched until the fire was out, then left the theater calmly by the side entrance.[1]

 
1. "Cool Head Averts Panic", Ogden Standard Examiner, 13 October 1904, page 8