utahtheaters.info
 
  •Home •Theaters •News •Recent  
 
Plaza Twin Theatre
420 East Topaz Blvd
Delta, Utah  84624
435 864-4551
•Main Page •Contact Theater
•Photos
•Sign Guestbook
•Facts & Figures

Fountain Green Theatre
Fountain Green, Utah

The LDS Church opened the Fountain Green Theatre and Dance Hall in 1918 and for decades it was the heart of the community.  In 1944 the building was sold to Ivin Rasmussen, who continued to operate the recreation center until 1950, when television changed the way people spent their evenings.  Rasmussen converted the dance hall into a general store, but the building sat vacant for 30 years after the store closed in 1976.  His descendants donated the building to the city in 1998 and the restored community center reopened on Memorial Day weekend 2004.

 
 
  Home   »  Theaters   »  Plaza Twin Theatre  »  Main Page
   
 
Front of the T & T Twin Theatres at the Plaza.  Out of the photo on the left is a bowling alley.

Photographer: Grant Smith
Date: 28 May 2005

Plaza Twin Theatre
(T & T Twin Theatres At The Plaza)
 
420 East Topaz Blvd
Delta, Utah 84624
435 864-4551
 
Status:
Open 
Auditoriums:
Open:
1980  
 
James and Robert Pendray built the Pendray Plaza in northeastern Delta in 1980.  The development included a 48-unit motel, a restaurant, retail stores, bank, retail stores, and offices.  The Pendrays later added a movie theater and bowling alley.

Sometime between 1990 and 1995 the Plaza Twin Theatre became the "T & T Twin Theatres at the Plaza".


Sources:
- Salt Lake Tribune, 19 August 1980, 2 November 1980
- "Chapter 11: The Intermountain Power Project and Economic Diversification", A History of Millard County, by Edward Leo Lyman and Linda King Newell, Utah History Suite CD-ROM