Menu
Movies 6
(Layton Hills Starship Theatres)

800 West 1500 North
Layton, Utah
(1980 - 1992)
The Cinemark Movies 6 was built in 1980 as part of the new Layton Hills Mall.1  In 1990, Cinemark built the Movies 10 theater next to Movies 6. In December 1994, Cinemark announced that it would demolish Movies 6 in order to build a new 16-screen theater.2 The new theater was later named Tinseltown and had only 7 screens instead of the originally-planned 16.

1. "Chapter 10, Planning for the Future", A History of Davis County, by Glen M. Leonard
2. "Movie Mania in Layton: 36 Screen", Deseret News, 15 February 1995, page B3