utahtheaters.info
 
  •Home •Theaters •News •Recent  
 
Drive-In Theatre
1900 West Highway 89
Logan, Utah
•Main Page
•Photos
•Sign Guestbook
•Facts & Figures  

Cinemas 5
Vernal, Utah

When Warren Mott and his sons opened the Twin Cinema on 23 November 1973, it was the largest theater complex between Denver and Salt Lake City.  The lobby featured a huge crystal chandelier with 54 lights suspended over a round concession and ticket counter.  The 500 and 300-seat auditoriums were equipped with carpeting, drapes, “stadium type upholstered seats,” stereophonic speakers, and 21 by 40 feet Cinemascope screens.  The adjoining El Diamante reception center was converted to a third auditorium after Kent Limb purchased the theater in 1982.

 
 
  Home   »  Theaters   »  Drive-In Theatre  »  Main Page
   
 
The concrete screen tower of the Drive-In has been painted white and serves as a sign for Utah State University.  The drive-in sits alongside the highway to Logan.

Photographer: Grant Smith
Date: 26 April 2003

Drive-In Theatre
1900 West Highway 89
Logan, Utah
 
Status:
Closed 
Open:
Before 1955  
Closed:
After 1969