utahtheaters.info
 
  •Home •Theaters •News •Recent  
 
Ogden Theatre
424 25th Street
Ogden, Utah  84401
•Main Page •News Articles (2)
•Photos
•Guestbook (1)
•Facts & Figures  

Movie
Ogden, Utah

Wayne and Mark Stephens, owners of the North Star Drive-In, opened “The Movie” on 6 February 1970 in the former dining room of the Ben Lomond Motor Hotel.  It was the first new theater in downtown Ogden in more than a quarter of a century.  The cinema closed after the F. O. Woodbury family donated the troubled Ben Lomond hotel to Weber County.  The County Commission later terminated the lease on the theater in exchange for its internal fixtures.

 
 
  Home   »  Theaters   »  Ogden Theatre  »  Main Page
   
 
A horse and buggy in front of the Ogden Theatre.

Used by permission, Utah State Historical Society, all rights reserved
Date: About 1910

Ogden Theatre
424 25th Street
Ogden, Utah 84401
 
Status:
Demolished 
Open:
1909  
Closed:
After 1964  
Demolished:
July 1968  
 

The historic Ogden Theatre opened in 1909 and was located at 420 25th Street in Ogden.1

The Ogden Theatre showed movies from about 1920 to 1964.2

Woodbury Corporation, owner of the property, demolished the Ogden Theatre in July 1968 to make way for either a multi-level office building or an eight-story parking garage.1

1. "Wrecker's Ball Dooms Old Ogden Theater", Salt Lake Tribune , 15 July 1968 , Page 18
2
. "Ogden", movie-theatre.org