utahtheaters.info
 
  •Home •Theaters •News •Recent  
 
Manti Theater
51 South Main Street
Manti, Utah
•Main Page
•Guestbook (1)
•Facts & Figures

New Electric Theatre
Ogden, Utah

Lester B. Funge announced plans in 1904 for the Grande Vaudeville Theatre, an 800-seat playhouse between the Reed Hotel and the St. Paul Lodging House.   In 1906, a three-story building with a hall on the top floor occupied the site.  On 20 November 1907, the 197-seat New Electric Theatre opened in a remodeled house in the same location.  The Electric was the first theater operated by the Alhambra Theatre Company, which would grow to at least eight theaters in three states within seven years.

 
 
  Home   »  Theaters   »  Manti Theater  »  Main Page
   
 

Manti Theater
51 South Main Street
Manti, Utah
 
Status:
Demolished 
Open:
1909  
Closed:
1980s  
 
The Manti Theatre was built in 19091 and owned by William McFarlane.2  The Manti Theatre showed movies from 1935 to 1950.3  The theater fell into disrepair in the 1980s2 and was later demolished.


1. "Chapter 15: The Communities of Sanpete", A History of Sanpete County, by Albert C. T. Antrei and Allen D. Roberts, Utah State History CD-ROM
2. "A 'Visitable Past' Virginia Sorensen's Sanpete", Utah Historical Quarterly, Volume 58, Number 3
3. "Rural 2", http://movie-theatre.org
, listing as its sources the Film Weekly Film Journal yearbooks 1920, 1925, 1930, 1935, 1940, 1945, 1950, 1955 and International motion picture almanacs 1961, 1964, 1969, 1975, 1980, 1985, 1990, 1995, 1998, 2000

Notes:
Polk's Utah Gazetteer and Business Directory, 1912-1913, 1914-1915, 1918-1919, 1920-1921, 1922-1923, 1927-1928