The historic Villa Theatre opened in 1949, showing the black and white film "Prince of Foxes." In 1961 the Villa became the only theater in Utah to show Cinerama. The theater closed 18 February 2003 and has been renovated as a beautiful rug gallery.
9200 South Redwood Road West Jordan, Utah 84088 www.carmike.com
(1995 - Present)
The Carmike 12 was the last new theater complex to be built in the Salt
Lake area before the start of the stadium-seating building craze which
caused three local theater chains to enter bankruptcy. The theater
was later remodeled with stadium seating to help it compete against the
Megaplex 17 at Jordan Commons and the Carmike 24 at Jordan Landing.
The theater originally had six THX-certified auditoriums, but currently
only theaters 6 and 7 are certified. All auditioriums are equipped
with either DTS or Dolby Digital. The Carmike 12 has the same floorplan
as the Carmike Wynnsong Cinemas in Provo.