utahtheaters.info
 
  •Home •Theaters •News •Recent  
 
Myton Opera House
Myton, Utah
•Main Page
•Sign Guestbook

Uintah Theatre
Vernal, Utah

On 29 April 1912, the New Uintah Theatre opened in the former Elk Building, which had been remodeled “along the latest moving picture house lines, with sloping floor, soloists platform, etc.”  The ticket office was outside, under a “blaze of rows of electric lights.”  Patrons of nearby towns appreciated having hitching posts on the premises.  The New Uintah closed sometime prior to 1932.  The E. W. Davis furniture store occupied the building before it became a piano store called the Henderson-Barlett Music Company.

 
 
  Home   »  Theaters   »  Myton Opera House  »  Main Page
   
 

Myton Opera House
Myton, Utah
 
Status:
Unknown 
Open:
After 1910  
Closed:
After 1945  
 
The Myton Opera House Company was organized in 1910 and construction began later that year on a theater 40 feet wide and 80 feet wide.  The Opera House was used as a dance hall, and conference center.1  It showed movies about 1945.2


1. "Chapter 6, Duchesne County Communities and the Making of Utah's Twenty-eight County", A History of Duchesne County, by John D. Barton
2. "Rural 3", movie-theatre.org