utahtheaters.info
 
  •Home •Theaters •News •Recent  
 
Rex Theatre
Parowan, Utah
•Main Page •News Articles (1)
•Sign Guestbook
•Facts & Figures

Cinemas 5
Vernal, Utah

When Warren Mott and his sons opened the Twin Cinema on 23 November 1973, it was the largest theater complex between Denver and Salt Lake City.  The lobby featured a huge crystal chandelier with 54 lights suspended over a round concession and ticket counter.  The 500 and 300-seat auditoriums were equipped with carpeting, drapes, “stadium type upholstered seats,” stereophonic speakers, and 21 by 40 feet Cinemascope screens.  The adjoining El Diamante reception center was converted to a third auditorium after Kent Limb purchased the theater in 1982.

 
 
  Home   »  Theaters   »  Rex Theatre  »  Main Page
   
 

Rex Theatre
(Rex Hall)
 
Parowan, Utah
 
Status:
Unknown 
Open:
15 April 1910  
Closed:
After 1922  
 
Rex Theatre was opened on 15 April 1910 by Wilkinson, Corry and J. M. Halterman.  The theater showed silent films with background music provided by an orchestra or pianist.1

Rex Theatre closed after 1922.2


1. "Chapter 7: The Early Twentieth Century: 1900 to 1940", A History of Iron County, by Janet Burton Seegmiller, Utah History Suite CD-ROM
2.
Polk's Utah Gazetteer and Business Directory, 1914-1915, 1918-1919, 1920-1921, 1922-1923