Menu
Alcazar Hall

Fillmore, Utah
Alcazar Hall, built in 1908 by Brigham Tompkinson, was used for more than a decade as a community social and recreational center.  In 1915 Tompkinson and M. S. Smart purchased a gasoline-powered projector for showing movies at Alcazar Hall and in LDS ward buildings in other towns.1

Alcazar Hall was destroyed by fire in 1917.2


1. "Chapter 6: Millard County in the Early Twentieth Century", A History of Millard County, Edward Leo Lyman and Linda King Newell, Utah History Suite CD-ROM
2. "Chapter 7: Expansion in the 1910s and 1920s", A History of Millard County, by Edward Leo Lyman and Linda King Newell, Utah History Suite CD-ROM