utahtheaters.info
 
  •Home •Theaters •News •Recent  
 
Armada Theater
Moroni, Utah
•Main Page
•Sign Guestbook

New Electric Theatre
Ogden, Utah

Lester B. Funge announced plans in 1904 for the Grande Vaudeville Theatre, an 800-seat playhouse between the Reed Hotel and the St. Paul Lodging House.   In 1906, a three-story building with a hall on the top floor occupied the site.  On 20 November 1907, the 197-seat New Electric Theatre opened in a remodeled house in the same location.  The Electric was the first theater operated by the Alhambra Theatre Company, which would grow to at least eight theaters in three states within seven years.

 
 
  Home   »  Theaters   »  Armada Theater  »  Main Page
   
 

Armada Theater
Moroni, Utah
 
Status:
Unknown 
Closed:
1915  
 

The Armada Theater was a popular movie house, but closed in 1915 after the Kozy Theater was built.

Source:
"Chapter 15: The Communities of Sanpete", A History of Sanpete County, by Albert C. T. Antrei and Allen D. Roberts, Utah State History CD-ROM