utahtheaters.info
 
  •Home •Theaters •News •Recent  
 
Uinta Theater
33 East Center Street
Provo, Utah
•Main Page
•Sign Guestbook
•Facts & Figures

Cinemas 5
Vernal, Utah

When Warren Mott and his sons opened the Twin Cinema on 23 November 1973, it was the largest theater complex between Denver and Salt Lake City.  The lobby featured a huge crystal chandelier with 54 lights suspended over a round concession and ticket counter.  The 500 and 300-seat auditoriums were equipped with carpeting, drapes, “stadium type upholstered seats,” stereophonic speakers, and 21 by 40 feet Cinemascope screens.  The adjoining El Diamante reception center was converted to a third auditorium after Kent Limb purchased the theater in 1982.

 
 
  Home   »  Theaters   »  Uinta Theater  »  Main Page
   
 

Uinta Theater
33 East Center Street
Provo, Utah
 
Status:
Demolished 
Open:
Before 1940  
Closed:
1986  
 

The Uinta Theater, located at 33 East Center Street, showed movies from about 1940 to 1985.[1]  By 1960 the address had changed to 25 East Center Street.[2]


1. "Provo", movie-theatre.org
2. Provo telephone books from 1941 to 1986