Sawyer and Young opened the Lyceum Theater on 9 November 1903 in a small frame structure which was originally built as a school house. The auditorium of the Lyceum had a slanted floor with a seating capacity of 250, but “another fifty could be crowded in if necessary.” The Lyceum closed on 17 July 1910, with demolition beginning the next day, so that a new “thoroughly up-to-date show house” could open on the site in time for the next vaudeville season.
The Geneva Drive-In was owned by Veigh Cummings and had a capacity of 624 cars. The theater closed about 1966 and was demolished before 1970. The drive-in was located on the southwest corner of 1300 South State Street, across from where the University Mall now stands.