utahtheaters.info
 
  •Home •Theaters •News •Recent  
 
Cameo Theatre
1314 South 500 East
Salt Lake City, Utah
•Main Page
•Photos
•Sign Guestbook
•Facts & Figures  

Famous Films Theatre
Ogden, Utah

When the Glen Brothers Piano Company opened its new store in 1923, the third floor included a 200-seat recital space named Chickering Hall.  The acoustics were described as “absolutely perfect.”  In 1975 the building was remodeled into the Washington Fair, a mall with a dozen specialty shops.  The stage on the third floor became the Laughing Gypsy Comedy Theatre and later the Famous Films Theatre.

 
 
  Home   »  Theaters   »  Cameo Theatre  »  Main Page
   
 
The front and north side of the building.

Photographer: Grant Smith
Date: 10 December 2005

Cameo Theatre
(Mission Theatre)
 
1314 South 500 East
Salt Lake City, Utah
 
Status:
Closed 
Open:
Before 1928  
Closed:
After 1930  
 

The Cameo Theater was open from about 1927 to 1930.1  The building may have been remodeled into an apartment building.


1.
Salt Lake City Classified Business Directory, Summer 1929; Polk's Salt Lake City Directory, 1930; Polk's Utah Gazetteer and Business Directory, 1927-1928 and 1930-1931