utahtheaters.info
 
  •Home •Theaters •News •Recent  
 
Henefer Amusement Hall
Henefer, Utah
•Main Page
•Sign Guestbook

Uintah Theatre
Vernal, Utah

On 29 April 1912, the New Uintah Theatre opened in the former Elk Building, which had been remodeled “along the latest moving picture house lines, with sloping floor, soloists platform, etc.”  The ticket office was outside, under a “blaze of rows of electric lights.”  Patrons of nearby towns appreciated having hitching posts on the premises.  The New Uintah closed sometime prior to 1932.  The E. W. Davis furniture store occupied the building before it became a piano store called the Henderson-Barlett Music Company.

 
 
  Home   »  Theaters   »  Henefer Amusement Hall  »  Main Page
   
 

Henefer Amusement Hall
Henefer, Utah
 
Status:
Unknown 
Open:
Before February 1908  
 
Construction on an amusement hall began in Henefer began after the Henefer Amusement and Dramatic Company was incorporated in 1906. The building was completed by February 1908, when dances were being held. The hall was remodeled after it was sold in 1946 to the LDS Ward of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Source:
"Chapter 9: Cultural Life", ", A History of Summit County, by David Hampshire, Martha Sonntag Bradley, and Allen Roberts, Utah State History CD-ROM