utahtheaters.info
 
  •Home •Theaters •News •Recent  
 
Stadium Cinemas
633 South 950 West
Payson, Utah  84651
801 465-8500
•Main Page •Contact Theater
•News Articles (2)
•Photos
•Showtimes •Guestbook (1)
•Facts & Figures  

Roosevelt Twin Theatre
Roosevelt, Utah

George H. Harrison and R. Howard Harrison opened the $40,000 Roosevelt Theatre on Valentine's Day, 14 February 1942, with Shirley Temple in Kathleen.  The “modern up-to-the minute motion picture theatre” was described as “new, beautiful, and elaborately equipped.”  The interior color scheme was peach, green, and beige, with red velour curtains and drapes.  The 500 seats in the auditorium were “arranged on a slight arc so that every seat directly faces the screen.”  The stage was large and had floodlights, so the theater could “accommodate many types of entertainment” and serve as “a community playhouse as well as a motion picture theatre.”

 
 
  Home   »  Theaters   »  Stadium Cinemas  »  Main Page
   
 
The entrance of the Stadium Cinemas.  The ticket booth is behind the brick pillars on the left of the entrance doors.

Photographer: Grant Smith
Date: 21 June 2005

Stadium Cinemas
633 South 950 West
Payson, Utah 84651
801 465-8500
http://www.stadiumcinemas.com/
 
Status:
Open 
Auditoriums:
Total Seats:
1000 
Open:
May 2000  
 

Stadium Cinemas was the dream of Lew Johnson, who owned a twin theater in Alaska.  After his sudden death in January 2000, his family continued to build the Stadium Cinemas and opened it in May 2000.  The 1,000-seat theater complex was built to a high standard of quality.  It was the second all-THX-certified theater in Utah and features stadium seating and digital sound in all six auditoriums.  Space has been left on either side of the 22,000 square foot building so that the theater can be expanded to ten screens in the future.  Stadium Cinemas is owned by Darrel Rosingana and Kris Merkley and was the first business in the Gateway retail center by the 800 South interchange for I-15.[1]


1. “Payson theater — a treat for the ear”, Deseret News, 8 May 2000