utahtheaters.info
 
  •Home •Theaters •News •Recent  
 
Terrace Plaza Playhouse
99 East 4700 South
Ogden, Utah  84405
(801) 393-0070
•Main Page •Contact Theater
•News Articles (2)
•Showtimes
•Sign Guestbook

Orpheus Hall
Vernal, Utah

C. W. Showalter, and Andrew King opened the Orpheus Hall on Thanksgiving Day, 30 November 1911.  The amusement hall had a spring dance floor, but was also used for roller skating, basketball, banquets, and movies.  It was named after the Greek god of Mirth, “a famous musician who is reputed to have had power to entrance men, beasts, and inanimate objects by the music of his lyre.”  At 11:00 PM on New Years Eve, 1928, the hall was renamed Imperial Hall.  In a ceremony on 20 April 1965, Governor Governor Calvin L. Rampton took a sledge hammer and delivered the first blow in the demolition of the hall as part of a community beautification campaign.

 
 
  Home   »  Theaters   »  Terrace Plaza Playhouse  »  Main Page
   
 

Terrace Plaza Playhouse
99 East 4700 South
Ogden, Utah 84405
(801) 393-0070
info@terraceplayhouse.com
http://www.terraceplayhouse.com/
 
Status:
Open 
Open:
November 1992  
 

Beverly Olsen opened the Terrace Plaza Playhouse in November 1992 with three separate productions, Scrooge, Babes in Toyland, and The Wondrous Night.  Olsen and her partners spent $300,000 remodeling a Smiths supermarket that had sat vacant for five years into a 315-seat theater with a thrust stage.  The theater was named after Washington Terrace, the southern Ogden suburb in which it is located.  Partners for the non-profit theater were Blaine and Beverly Olsen of Fruit Heights, Kim and Jacci Florence of Layton, Joseph and Tami Olsen of South Ogden, and Rob and Patti Johnson of Sandy.  Plans for the project included a year-round acting school and a mini-mall in the remainder of the building.[1]


1. "Terrace Plaza Playhouse Will Open With a Bang", Deseret News, 18 November 1992, page C7