Two screen towers rise behind a line of cars.  A grass lawn and trees decorate the entrance of the drive-in theater.
Grant Smith, 23 June 2006
Redwood Drive-In

3688 South Redwood Road
West Valley City, Utah 84119
(1949 - Present)

The Redwood Drive-In Theatre was built by United Intermountain Theaters at a cost of $140,000.  Beesley Construction Co. was the contractor and the scheduled completion date was 15 July 1949.  The 12 1/2 acre theater featured a diamond-shaped lot with a 46 by 64-foot screen and a capacity of 600 cars.  There was a picnic ground and a playground for children.  Ramps were numbered and lighted, and featured a combination speaker and heater.  Moviegoers could press a button on the speaker to signal for refreshments.[1]

1. “$140,000 Drive-In Theater Site Nearby”, Murray Eagle, 17 June 1949, Page 2