Opera House Fire

Box Elder News, 1 June 1911
Fire started in the rubbish near the back stage door of the opera house early this morning and a host of citizens made a dash for the scene only to find that the blaze had been extinguished. Somebody had evidently thrown a lighted cigarette out of the door, which fell among the paper and ignited it. When the water was turned on the blaze, it had started to burn the corner of the step, so it was nipned just in time, and a disasterouse fire was averted.