Fire in Avalon Theatre Causes Excitement

Millard County Progress, 6 September 1929, page 1
Saturday evening a fire broke out in the operators room in the Avalon theatre building, causing considerable loss to Mr. M. W. Peterson, owner of the building. The blaze started when a piece of film ignited. The room is entirely fireproof, so that practically no damage was done to the main part of the building. The greatest loss was in the films which were destroyed.

The fire occurred about 9:30 in the evening, just before the show was out, and as soon as it was discovered people rushed from the building expecting to see the whole thing burst into flames. Three chemical extinguishers were pressed into service, and the blaze was soon under control.