Small Fire Starts in Vogue Theatre Thursday Afternoon

Vernal Express, 23 October 1925, page 1

The city fire engine responded to a fire at the Vogue theatre Thursday afternoon at 1:30.  The fire had a good start in the basement at the rear of the building and was burning fiercely in the coal bin and furnace room when the firemen arrived.  Due to the intense heat and smoke, it was impossible to enter the basement to fight the flames and water from the chemical tank was first used and put onto the fire through the coal chute.  This method reduced the flames considerably and then the water hose was used.

Damage to the amount of $500 was estimated by officers of the company, although it is hard to set an exact amount as yet.

It is believed that the fire originated from the furnace and igniting the woodwork and coal in the bin.

The damage done does not seriously interfere with the operation of the show and pictures will be shown as usual.  Necessary repairs are being made.