Brigham Young Academy on a March 1908 Sanborn map. An assembly hall occupied all of the second floor of the Collegiate Department, also called College Hall or the College Building. Sanborn Fire Insurance Map, March 1908
An aerial view of the lower BYU campus on 15 July 1972. UGS Aerial Imagery Collection, 13 May 1975
Architect's model of the development of the lower BYU campus as Academy Square. www.byhigh.org, 13 May 1975
The College Building in 1902, with the High School (Academy) Building behind on the left and the Training Building at an angle on the right. The portico was removed, possibly when a new roof was installed and the recital hall was remodeled in 1930.
Digital Collections BYU Library, About 1902
Mose Gudmansen leads an orchestra in a little theater on the east end of the top floor of the College Building. This photo shows the stage before a permanent proscenium arch was installed in 1930. Behind the flag is the portico over the buiding entrance. Digital Collections BYU Library, About 1915
J. J. Keeler practices the organ in the College Hall Recital Hall in 1936. The proscenium arch on the left side of the stage is visible in the top left of the photo. Heavy velour drapes cover a windw in the top right. Digital Collections BYU Library, About 1936