utahtheaters.info
 
  •Home •Theaters •News •Recent  
 
Valley Vu Drive-In Theatre
3560 South 4800 West
West Valley City, Utah
•Main Page
•Photos
•Sign Guestbook

Cinemas 5
Vernal, Utah

When Warren Mott and his sons opened the Twin Cinema on 23 November 1973, it was the largest theater complex between Denver and Salt Lake City.  The lobby featured a huge crystal chandelier with 54 lights suspended over a round concession and ticket counter.  The 500 and 300-seat auditoriums were equipped with carpeting, drapes, “stadium type upholstered seats,” stereophonic speakers, and 21 by 40 feet Cinemascope screens.  The adjoining El Diamante reception center was converted to a third auditorium after Kent Limb purchased the theater in 1982.

 
 
  Home   »  Theaters   »  Valley Vu Drive-In Theatre  »  Main Page
   
 
An aerial photos of the Valley Vu Drive-In in 1997.  The entrance of the drive-in was along 4800 west, but an exit went north to 3500 South.   The screen was on the east end of the theater.

Courtesy of the U.S. Geological Survey
Date: 4 October 1997

Valley Vu Drive-In Theatre
3560 South 4800 West
West Valley City, Utah
 
Status:
Demolished 
Open:
1957  
Closed:
2001