utahtheaters.info
 
  •Home •Theaters •News •Recent  
 
Bonita Theater
Huntington, Utah
•Main Page
•Sign Guestbook

Colonial Theatre
Salt Lake City, Utah

The Colonial Theatre was built by the Auerbach brothers in 1908 at a cost of $150,000 to show plays by traveling companies with the Northwestern Theatrical Association.  The interior was decorated with ivory and gold, with green sidewalls, carpets and draperies.  It had a seating capacity of 1936, with box seats and two balconies.  It showed movies as the Victory Theatre.  About 1942 it was destroyed by fire.

 
 
  Home   »  Theaters   »  Bonita Theater  »  Main Page
   
 

Bonita Theater
Huntington, Utah
 
Status:
Demolished 
Open:
Early 1915  
Closed:
1 January 1920  
Demolished:
1 January 1920  
 
The Bonita Theater, built by J. W. Nixon in early 1915,<1> was used for movies and touring theatrical companies. The theater was located in the Nixon building, along with Pritchett Drug Store. The Nixon building burned down on 1 January 1920, along with the nearby McKee building.<2>


1. Emery County Progress, 9 January 1915 or 15 April 1916
2. Emery County Progress, 3 January 1920

Other sources:
"Community Dramatics in Early Castle Valley", Utah Historical Quarterly, Volume 53, Number 2 (Spring 1985), Utah State History CD-ROM
"Chapter 5: Discovering the Limits, 1900- 1920", A History of Emery County, by Edward A. Geary, Utah State History CD-ROM