utahtheaters.info
 
  •Home •Theaters •News •Recent  
 
LDS Ward
Huntington, Utah
•Main Page
•Photos
•Sign Guestbook

Browne Hall
Vernal, Utah

Social Hall, also known as Browne Hall, was built by a group of investors led by S. M. Browne, a saloon owner and first mayor of Vernal.  Mr. Mease and Mr. Sheldon opened the Electric Theatre in the Social Hall on 4 May 1908, showing moving pictures and illustrated songs with piano and vocal accompaniment.  In 1910, the Social Hall was sold to the Woodard family for use as a furniture store.

 
 
  Home   »  Theaters   »  LDS Ward  »  Main Page
   
 
This church building may be the same one where movies where shown from about 1935 to 1945.

Photographer: Grant Smith
Date: 2 July 2005

LDS Ward
Huntington, Utah
 
Status:
Unknown 
Open:
Before 1940  
Closed:
After 1945  
 
The Huntington ward of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints showed movies from about 1940 to about 1945.

Sources:
- "Chapter 6: Hard Times, Good Times, 1920 - 1945", A History of Emery County, by Edward A. Geary
- "Rural 3", movie-theatre.org