utahtheaters.info
 
  •Home •Theaters •News •Recent  
 
Kaysville Theatre
21 North Main Street
Kaysville, Utah  84037
801 546-3400
•Main Page •Contact Theater
•News Articles (5)
•Photos
•Showtimes •Guestbook (3)
•Facts & Figures  

Rex Theatre
Ogden, Utah

Stanley B. Steck was the principal owner of the Rex Theatre, which was earlier known as the Cherry Theatre.  Since it was located near another of his theaters, the Lyceum, Steck closed the Rex during the summer months, reopening in the fall when demand increased.   Because of the seasonal closures, the Rex became the nucleus of the Little Theatre community theater movements in 1919 and again in 1931.   The Rex became the Cozy Theatre after another of Steck's theaters closed.   In 1931 it became known as the Weber Theatre or Weber Little Theatre.

 
 
  Home   »  Theaters   »  Kaysville Theatre  »  Main Page
   
 
The front of the Kaysville Theatre.

Photographer: Grant Smith
Date: 25 December 2003

Kaysville Theatre
21 North Main Street
Kaysville, Utah 84037
801 546-3400
http://www.thekaysvilletheatre.com/
 
Status:
Open 
Auditoriums:
Total Seats:
500 
Open:
Before 1991  
 
The Kaysville Theatre is three-screen discount theater owned by Bill Call, who operates the theater along with his two sons and their wives.

In December 1991 Call began a $250,000 remodel of the Kaysville Theatre, financed by the sale of a theater in Roy that was demolished as part of a city redevelopment project.  The original auditorium reopened on 21 February 1992 with new seats and a seating capacity reduced from 350 to 260.  Two new auditoriums were created in adjacent retail shop space and opened in May 1992, each seating about 125.  The theater also had new decor, greatly expanded restrooms, a new snack bar, and a new sign.  The exterior of the building the theater was expanded into was also redone to match the original theater.


"RENOVATION PLANNED FOR THEATER IN KAYSVILLE", Deseret News, 18 November 1991, page B3
"REMODELED KAYSVILLE THEATER OPENS FOR BUSINESS", Deseret News, 20 February 1992, page B3