utahtheaters.info
 
  •Home •Theaters •News •Recent  
 
Panguitch Social Hall
50 East Center Street
Panguitch, Utah
•Main Page •Contact Theater
•News Articles (11)
•Photos
•Sign Guestbook
•Facts & Figures

Villa Theatre
Salt Lake City, Utah

The historic Villa Theatre opened in 1949, showing the black and white film "Prince of Foxes."  In 1961 the Villa became the only theater in Utah to show Cinerama.  The theater closed 18 February 2003 and has been renovated as a beautiful rug gallery.

 
 
  Home   »  Theaters   »  Panguitch Social Hall  »  Main Page
   
 
A view of the Panguitch Social Hall from across the street.

Grant Smith, 25 June 2005

Panguitch Social Hall
(Panguitch Playhouse, Mascott Hall, Social Hall)
 
50 East Center Street
Panguitch, Utah
 
Status:
Open 
Total Seats:
600 
Open:
1890 to 1900  
On National Register of Historic Places
 
The Panguitch Social Hall, originally called Mascot Hall, was built between 1890 and 1900. It was used for dances, parties, school assemblies, plays, chautauquas, wedding receptions, county fairs, etc.

The Social Hall has a curved roof and walls that were three bricks thick. The building was originally heated by two pot-bellied wood-burning stoves. During the summer, wide double-doors on either side of the hall were left open for ventilation.

In 1920, the Social Hall was damaged by fire and rebuilt.


Source:
Daughters of Utah Pioneers marker dated 1991