utahtheaters.info
 
  •Home •Theaters •News •Recent  
 
LDS Ward
Hyde Park, Utah
•Main Page
•Sign Guestbook

Kingsbury Hall
Salt Lake City, Utah

The University of Utah dedicated its first auditorium, Kingsbury Hall, on 22 May 1930.   The $275,000 assembly hall was funded by the State of Utah and named in honor of Joseph T. Kingsbury, who served as President of the University from 1897 until 1926.   Kingsbury Hall is one of nine buildings in the University Circle historic district, which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.  The auditorium was built with a projection booth and an organ loft, to accommodate silent films.

 
 
  Home   »  Theaters   »  LDS Ward  »  Main Page
   
 

LDS Ward
Hyde Park, Utah
 
Status:
Unknown 
Open:
Before 1935  
Closed:
After 1940  
 
The Hyde Park ward of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later-Day Saints showed movies from about 1935 to 1940.1

1. "Brigham City", movie-theatre.org