utahtheaters.info
 
  •Home •Theaters •News •Recent  
 
Richmond Theater
6 West Main Street
Richmond, Utah  84333
•Main Page
•Photos
•Guestbook (1)
•Facts & Figures  

Orpheus Hall
Vernal, Utah

C. W. Showalter, and Andrew King opened the Orpheus Hall on Thanksgiving Day, 30 November 1911.  The amusement hall had a spring dance floor, but was also used for roller skating, basketball, banquets, and movies.  It was named after the Greek god of Mirth, “a famous musician who is reputed to have had power to entrance men, beasts, and inanimate objects by the music of his lyre.”  At 11:00 PM on New Years Eve, 1928, the hall was renamed Imperial Hall.  In a ceremony on 20 April 1965, Governor Governor Calvin L. Rampton took a sledge hammer and delivered the first blow in the demolition of the hall as part of a community beautification campaign.

 
 
  Home   »  Theaters   »  Richmond Theater  »  Main Page
   
 
The Richmond City Hall and theater.

Photographer: Grant Smith
Date: 7 May 2011

Richmond Theater
(Richmond Opera House, Kinema Theatre, Richmond City Hall)
 
6 West Main Street
Richmond, Utah 84333
 
Status:
Closed 
Open:
Before 1940  
Closed:
After 1955  
 

According to Polk's Utah Gazetteer and Business Directory, the Richmond Opera House was open from about 1912 to 1927.[1]  In 1927, Polk also listed the Kinema Theatre.[2]

The Richmond ward of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints showed movies in Richmond about 1935.[3]

The Richmond Theater showed movies from about 1940 to 1955.[3]


1. Polk's Utah Gazetteer and Business Directory, 1912-1913, 1914-1915, 1918-1919, 1920-1921, 1922-1923, 1927-1928
2. Polk's Utah Gazetteer and Business Directory, 1927-1928
3. "Brigham City", movie-theatre.org