utahtheaters.info
 
  •Home •Theaters •News •Recent  
 
Big See Drive-In
415 West 1700 South
Perry, Utah
•Main Page
•Photos
•Sign Guestbook
•Facts & Figures  

Orpheus Hall
Vernal, Utah

C. W. Showalter, and Andrew King opened the Orpheus Hall on Thanksgiving Day, 30 November 1911.  The amusement hall had a spring dance floor, but was also used for roller skating, basketball, banquets, and movies.  It was named after the Greek god of Mirth, “a famous musician who is reputed to have had power to entrance men, beasts, and inanimate objects by the music of his lyre.”  At 11:00 PM on New Years Eve, 1928, the hall was renamed Imperial Hall.  In a ceremony on 20 April 1965, Governor Governor Calvin L. Rampton took a sledge hammer and delivered the first blow in the demolition of the hall as part of a community beautification campaign.

 
 
  Home   »  Theaters   »  Big See Drive-In  »  Main Page
   
 
An aerial photo of the site where the Big See Drive-In Theatre was located.

Image courtesy of the U. S. Geological Survey
Date: 9 September 1993

Big See Drive-In
415 West 1700 South
Perry, Utah
 
Status:
Demolished 
Open:
Before 1964  
Closed:
After 1985  
 
The Big See Drive-In showed movies from about 1964 to 1975.1

1. "Brigham City", movie-theatre.org