utahtheaters.info
 
  •Home •Theaters •News •Recent  
 
Costuros Drive In
1525 East Highway 40
Ballard, Utah
•Main Page •News Articles (1)
•Photos
•Sign Guestbook

Fountain Green Theatre
Fountain Green, Utah

The LDS Church opened the Fountain Green Theatre and Dance Hall in 1918 and for decades it was the heart of the community.  In 1944 the building was sold to Ivin Rasmussen, who continued to operate the recreation center until 1950, when television changed the way people spent their evenings.  Rasmussen converted the dance hall into a general store, but the building sat vacant for 30 years after the store closed in 1976.  His descendants donated the building to the city in 1998 and the restored community center reopened on Memorial Day weekend 2004.

 
 
  Home   »  Theaters   »  Costuros Drive In  »  Main Page
   
 
A mile east of Roosevelt and north of Highway 40 is a cone shaped pattern that may have been a drive in theater.

maps.google.com

Costuros Drive In
1525 East Highway 40
Ballard, Utah
 
Status:
Demolished 
Open:
30 March 1956  
 

A large crowd attended on 30 March 1956 as Thomis Costuros opened a drive-in theater “one mile east of Roosevelt and north of the Tom Shisler farm”.[1]

 
1. “Drive-In Theatre Opens March 30”, Vernal Express, 12 April 1956, Page 3