utahtheaters.info
 
  •Home •Theaters •News •Recent  
 
Roberts' Hall
Naples, Utah
•Main Page
•Sign Guestbook

Roosevelt Twin Theatre
Roosevelt, Utah

George H. Harrison and R. Howard Harrison opened the $40,000 Roosevelt Theatre on Valentine's Day, 14 February 1942, with Shirley Temple in Kathleen.  The “modern up-to-the minute motion picture theatre” was described as “new, beautiful, and elaborately equipped.”  The interior color scheme was peach, green, and beige, with red velour curtains and drapes.  The 500 seats in the auditorium were “arranged on a slight arc so that every seat directly faces the screen.”  The stage was large and had floodlights, so the theater could “accommodate many types of entertainment” and serve as “a community playhouse as well as a motion picture theatre.”

 
 
  Home   »  Theaters   »  Roberts' Hall  »  Main Page
   
 

Roberts' Hall
Naples, Utah
 
Status:
Unknown 
 

Roberts' Hall was built by Ephraim Roberts as a crockery factory. When the venture was unsuccessful, the building was converted into an amusement hall. Music for dances was provided by violin, guitar, cornet, or organ. The hall was also used for showing motion pictures and other events.[1]


1. "Chapter 12: Culture, Arts, and Recreation", A History of Uintah County, by Doris Karren Burton, Utah State History CD-ROM