Green River Journal, 21 July 1955, page 1
This picture of part of the Green River business district was taken looking south at the junction of Broadway and the highway, Nos. 6-50. The rest of the business district is spread out on both sides of the highway for about one-half mile, from the Book Cliff Lodge on the east end to the airport and old schoolhouse on the west side. At least four new business buildings were in the process of construction on the highway at the time this was written. They are the new newspaper plant, a machine shop, a new motel, and an ice cream drive-in. Father out on the east side of the Green River are several small shops, a truck lines office, and the drive-in theater.