Novelty Theater Fire

Salt Lake Tribune, 17 October 1895, page 7

Yesterday morning at about 2 o'clock fire was discovered in the old Novelty theater building on Twenty-fifth street, belonging to Stevens Bros.  The fire started under the stage, and before it could be brought under control had burned out the stage and rear portion of the building.

The fire is believed to have been of incendiary origin, as shavings smelling strongly of kerosene were found under the stage.  The loss is estimated at $1000, covered by insurance.