Layton AMC Theatre undergoes major renovation
Ogden Standard Examiner, 20 November 2013
AMC Layton Hills 9 renovation:
- part of an ongoing initiative
- Layton Hills 9 was 25th theater in the franchise to have the renovation work completed
- due to changes over last few months, theater is already experiencing an increase in ticket sales
- every screen replaced
- new speakers installed
- state-of-the-art digital projectors installed
- Every seat is a red, plush, power recliner. Guests can put their feet up at the push of a button.
- seating capacity reduced from 50 to 70 percent
- extra aisle width (row spacing), so those getting up and down during the movie can walk past without those people seated having to readjust in their chairs
- larger arm rests, so customers are not rubbing elbows with the person in the next seat
- One Layton moviegoer had to be nudged to awake by theater staff following a showing of "Gravity."
- reserved seating begins Friday
- Concession menu expanded with hot foods such as chicken tenders, mozzarella sticks, jalapeno poppers, and pizza. Healthy food: apple chips, and hummus.
- 120 drink options at the new Coca-Cola Freestyle machines