The Globe Theatre was one of the first movie theaters in Ogden, opening by February 1909. Charles Zeimer, Albert Scowcroft, and Harry Sims purchased the theater by August 1909, operating it along with the Oracle and Isis. Three months before the theater chain opened the Alhambra Theatre, the Globe was remodeled into a roller skating rink. Its last night as a cinema was 15 December 1914. The building later became a bus garage.
The Academy Theater was built in the late 1930s by Joseph L. Lawrence
and David K. Edwards, who also built the Villa, Southeast, and Murray
Theaters in the Salt Lake area. The building may have been a skate rink
or the main office of a utility company before it became a theater. Carmike
Cinemas closed the theater on 10 September 1998 after opening a new 12-plex
in the same general area.