Workman's Opera House|
60 South 500 West
(? - 1919)
In 1893 J. R. "Uncle Jake" Workman built a new Opera House at 60 South 500 West. Joseph Kirby painted some of the scenery. The theater was used for dances, socials, dramas, and other events. The Uintah Academy used the building for athletic and social functions. The building became a cannery in 1919 and burned down in 1936.
1. "Chapter 12: Culture, Arts, and Recreation", A History of Uintah County, by Doris Karren Burton, Utah State History CD-ROM