La Tonia Picture Show House|
(La'Tonia Picture Show House, Roxy Theater)
(1914 - After 1936)
The La'Tonia Picture Show House opened in 1914. It was the first theater in Layton, offering silent movies with live accompaniment. The theater was also called the La Tonia Theatre. In 1936 it was renamed the Roxy Theater.
1. "Chapter 8, A New Era of Progress", A History of Davis County, by Glen M. Leonard
2. Polk’s Utah Gazetteer and Business Directory, 1918-1919, 1920-1921