70 North Main Street
Fillmore, Utah 84631
(1916 - After 1922)
The Paramount Theater, the first picture showhouse in Fillmore, was built in 1916 by Noble Peterson and his wife, Josie Melville Peterson. They later sold the theater to Melvin and Lillian Smart. After 1922, Marvin and Lynn Peterson operated the theater and changed its name to Lynn Theatre. After the Petersons built the Avalon Theatre in 1926, the Lynn Theatre was taken over by an adjacent garage. The theater was located on the east side of Main Street, where Warner Motors later stood (70 North Main Street.)[1, 2, 3]
1. "Chapter 6: Millard County in the Early Twentieth Century", A History of Millard County, Edward Leo Lyman and Linda King Newell, Utah History Suite CD-ROM
2. The Paramount Theatre was listed in Polk's Utah Gazetteer and Business Directory from the 1918-1919 edition through the 1922-1923 edition.
3. Entrance Photos, Avalon Theatre, Fillmore