The LDS Ward in Bear River City built an opera house and amusement hall in 1904 at a cost of $6,000. On 15 February 1913, flames from an open stove door caught scenery on fire. The town had no water works and a bucket brigade was ineffectual. The theater burned to the ground, leaving only the rock foundation.
The Willard Opera House occupied the upper floor of Charles Harding's General Store on the east side of Main Street, across from South Center Street. The opera hall, which had a small stage with wing space, was also used for recreation and dances. The Willard Opera House was in use around 1890 and was later destroyed by fire.