Cache Drive-In Theatre|
1303 North Main Street
Logan, Utah 84341
(1950 - After 1977)
The Cache Drive-In opened on 30 May 1950.
The Cache Drive-In was the second outdoor theater in Logan, coming three years after the Logan Drive-In. The Cache Drive-In boasted a capacity of 508 cars and brighter projection. After the debut of Cinemascope, the Cache Drive-In added wings to its metal screen tower to accomodate the wider aspect ratio, while the 300-car Logan Drive-In had a concrete screen tower that could not be so easily updated. Competition between the two drive-ins reduced the admission price for a carload to as low as a dime.
The 1962 International Motion Picture Almanac listed the owner of the Cache as Harris-Voeller Theatres.
Advertisements in 1973 named the theater as "H. C.'s Cache Drive In." Harold Charles Heninger, known as H. C., died on 3 June 2006. His obituary described him as "a self-made businessman in dry cleaning, pawn shops, bail bonding, movie theaters and recreational real estate development, to name a just few."
The Cache Drive-In was last owned by Westates Theatres and closed after 1975.
The theater was demolished sometime between 1997 and 2003. Sam's Club now occupies the site.
1. "Cache Drive-In", cinematreasures.org
2. "Drive-in theater site could soon become convenience store", Herald Journal, 27 November 2021
3. "Advertisements", Cache Drive-In Theatre (Logan)
4. "Harold Charles Heninger", (Web Site), 27 December 2021
5. Google Earth